issue with db_module_dir parameter

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Thu May 11 14:58:03 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 08:26:21PM -0400, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> I think it would be reasonable to let the module name be a full path
> name.
>
> I don't see much point in separately specifying the directory name,
> if it's only used for one module that we're also giving a filename for.

Yeah, I can't see so many [dbmodules]/KDB plugins entries that providing
the absolute path to the dbname parameter is burdensome.  This seems
straightforward and less likely to configured improperly as compared to
having two parameters to deal with.

As an aside, I'm thinking that the dbname parameter could use a better
name.  Perhaps it should be db_plugin or something like that.  Note, I
was going to suggest db_module but there already is a database_module
parameter used in the [realms] section and I could see some confusion
resulting from supporting both parameters.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.