Solaris ssh pam_krb "bad encryption type"

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Tue Mar 28 18:14:33 EST 2006

On March 28, 2006 9:28:00 PM +0000 Fletcher Cocquyt <fcocquyt at stanford.edu> wrote:
> I want to end up with a "cookbook" of step by step instructions on how to
> convert a fresh install of Solaris to kerberized ssh.

Sorry, I don't know the solution to your problem (other than, make sure
the KDC has the same idea of the key as is in your keytab), but what
you've laid out is NOT kerberized ssh.  Kerberized ssh would be passing
a kerberos ticket to the server (nowadays via GSSAPI) to authenticate.
What you're doing is still password authenticated ssh.

-frank