OpenSSL is now FIPS 140-1 and FIPS 140-2 validated

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Thu Mar 23 10:32:33 EST 2006

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> The Q&A session at Linux World Expo Boston will be on April 4th at 6:30
> pm EST.  I can't attend as I will be presented at NIST PKI'06 that day
> but if someone is willing to go and scribe I would be very must
> interested in reading the results.

Yes, I say you wil be talking. Sory I can not make it, sounds interesting.
I tool will be talking at a DOE Security conference April 23, on using
PIV smart cards with OpenSC, and Heimdal PKINIT to authenticate to AD.
We have this running on Linux and Mac OS. The PIV cards have Windows CA
issued certificates right now.  On Linux we can use pam_krb5.

For the MIT developers, do you have any estimates when you will have
PKINIT support? Will it have W2K3 compatability?