DAL API to read Realm Information

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Thu Mar 16 15:44:13 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 05:05:20PM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> What I am wondering is whether the DAL interface should be generic
> enough that any parameter that could be stored in the profile
> could be obtained instead by the DAL.   Should the interface not
> be the DAL but should it instead be an LDAP profile type?

I think that's a good question.  This introduces more asymmetry between
the function of the berk-db2 plugin which does not deal with profile
info as this is not stored in the KDB and the LDAP plugin which has
Novell extensions to read profile data from the Directory.  I would
think that the DAL and plugins would only deal with krb records, not
profile data.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.