OK-AS-DELEGATE Flag

Wachdorf, Daniel R drwachd at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 8 15:56:06 EST 2006

Sandia currently has a working implementation of the OK_AS_DELEGATE flag
running on the MIT code base.  I would like to get this running on the
most current code base and submit a patch back to MIT.

I doing this, I think the OK_AS_DELEGATE brings up a few questions worth
discussing:

1- Should the clients have influence over this?

Our implementation requires clients attempt delegation and the
OK_AS_DELEGATE flag be set on the service ticket in order for delegation
to occur.  This sits in the Kerberos code, so it applies to GSSAPI as
well.

2- How should cross-realm delegation be handled?

Do you want to trust the delegation flag from a cross realm service?
Also - not all Kerberos realms will support OK_AS_DELEGATE, so should
you be able to override this.  Should the flag only be relevant for the
local realm?

3- Should there be a configuration option to control the functionality?

Thanks in advance.

-dan

Daniel Wachdorf
drwachd at sandia.gov