Novell and MIT moving forward on LDAP Plugin

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 29 14:15:24 EDT 2006

Hi.

I wanted to update everyone on a conference call MIT and Novell had
Tuesday evening.

We believe that the best course of action going forward is for
interested parties to write up the list of issues they would like to
see improved in the LDAP plugin and then to get together and discuss
who is doing the work.

We're hoping that people who bring forward issues also plan to commit
time to helping solve issues.

Here's MIT's issue list:

Blocking issues:

1) MIT needs to be able to test the LDAP plugin.  This means we need
to be abel to set up LDAP realms and run some set of tests against
them.  We believe that this is an internal MIT issue at this point: we
just need to do the work to get a test environment that works better
than what we have.

Non-blocking Issues:

1) We would like to see the schema improved.  We would like to
    separate out attributes from the secret key attribute.  In general
    we only see a need to support one principal per ldap object, but
    have links to other related objects.

2) ldapi support

3) Support for kdb5_util integration that supports dump load create
    and destroy.

I'd appreciate if people could try and send in issue lists within the
next few days.

--Sam