question regarding LDAP plugin, policy and princ attributes

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Thu Jun 15 16:09:25 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 06:50:59AM -0600, Savitha R wrote:

> We are not able to see this in our setup. Can you give us some
> details(like platform, version...)
> about your test environment?
>
> Are you able to get correct values for other attributes like max
> renewable life and
> password expiration time?

No.

I think I found the problem.  In
src/plugins/kdb/ldap/libkdb_ldap/ldap_misc.c:decode_tl_data()
there is:

    curr = tl_data->tl_data_contents;
    while(curr < (tl_data->tl_data_contents + tl_data->tl_data_length)) {

    /* get the type of the content */
    memset(&subtype, curr[0], 1);
    /* forward by 1 byte*/
    curr += 1;

    if (subtype == tl_type) {

Note that subtype is an int.  The

    /* get the type of the content */
    memset(&subtype, curr[0], 1);

Is a problem for big endian systems (like my test system UltraSparc) as
it sets the big end of the int instead of the litte end.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.