KDC reply did not match expectations (error 147)

Wilfrid Ertaud WErtaud at factset.com
Thu Jun 15 06:07:05 EDT 2006

Hello,

My name is Wilfrid Ertaud working for Factset Research,
We are using the MIT kerberos client interface to identify our application
to Windows kerberos servers.
Before implementing our application, we test the environment using the
leash tool.
So far all implementations went well. Until recently when we encountered a
problem with the leash tool.

On a network with two domain servers , leash is returning a message:

Ticket initialization failed, Kerberos 5:KDC reply did not match
expectations (error 147).

We tested it on different desktop machines, some desktop works and some
others not (they are supposed to be all the same)
I noticed that sometimes the file mfc71.dll were needed. I updated the
windows files with the package kfw-3.0-extra.zip (copied on
%windir%\system32\).
Are there any other Windows files that are needed in a kerberos
installation?
Does the error message means something so I could investigate a particular
point?

Leash.exe V2.6.5.20040917
krb5_32.dll V1.3.5.0 (we tested actually the two versions the V1.4.3 and
1.3.5)

If you need any other informations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for your help

Wilfrid

Wilfrid ERTAUD / wertaud at factset.com
Facstet Research