"Operation not supported" error code

Praveen Kumar Sahukar psahukar at novell.com
Thu Jun 15 14:26:34 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 01:33 -0400, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2006, at 06:50, Praveen Kumar Sahukar wrote:
> > There can be cases where some of the mandatory DAL APIs are not
> > applicable to some database plug-ins. To handle such cases proper
> > status
> > say something like "Operation not supported" should be returned
> > back. I
> > was looking at adding the error code "Operation not supported" to the
> > kerberos error list.
> >
> > I wanted to know how to go about doing this.
>
> If the standard UNIX error code (ENOTSUP?) won't do (e.g., if it's
> UNIX/POSIX only and not available on other systems), add an entry at
> the end of lib/krb5/error_tables/kdb5_err.et.

I checked in SUSE and ENOTSUP is available. But, I defined an extra
error in the lib/krb5/error_tables/krb5_err.et file with the intention
that corresponding plugins can add extra information to this error code
and can return more elaborate information.

error_code KRB5_PLUGIN_OP_NOTSUPP,      "Plugin does not support the
operation"

-Praveen