concerns with ldap plugin and 1.5

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 9 13:45:14 EDT 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 5:44 AM, krbdev-request at mit.edu wrote:

> Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:55:07 +0530 (IST)
> From: Rahul Srinivas <srahul at novell.com>
> Subject: Re: concerns with ldap plugin and 1.5
> To: Will Fiveash <William.Fiveash at sun.com>
> Cc: krbdev at mit.edu
>

>> BTW, how does one create a new principal that is associated with a
>> user
>> object entry?
>
> add_principal -x userdn=<FDN of user object> <principal name>
>
> -Rahul S.

It seems to me that the extra argument ought to be associated with
the realm configuration.  It should not be required on every single
add command.

You define how the Kerberos data for a realm fits into the rest of
the schema (and whether it's separate or included with the other user
data).  With that mapping as a common background, would it be that
hard to unify the ldap and db2 utility programs?  (And would it be
that hard to have migration just be a dump/configure/load as I asked
earlier.)

I think I'm repeating myself, and I apologize, especially since I'm
not writing any of the code needed.
----
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu