concerns with ldap plugin and 1.5

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Thu Jun 1 14:39:49 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 11:42:24AM -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 07:06:01AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> >     Will> - How is an existing db2 KDB migrated to a LDAP/Directory
> >     Will> based KDB?
> >
> > We do not currently have a solution for this.
>
> This is a problem.
>
> Once again I suspect this says something about the genericity of the
> SPI.  I suspect the solution will be a standalone program that knows the
> db2 dump format and the LDAP schema and writes LDIF output.

BTW, I don't find such a solution exactly pleasing, but as long as the
user interface hides this nasty design detail and the dump/load paths
ultimately can move into the kdb plug-in layer we should all be happy.

How important it is to get this right will depend in part on whether MIT
wants to support third party kdb plug-ins.  If the SPI is to be an open
SPI then this design oversight needs to be addressed.

Nico