concerns with ldap plugin and 1.5

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 1 07:06:01 EDT 2006

    Will> I have a number of concerns regarding the ldap plugin and
    Will> schema in the upcoming MIT 1.5 release:

    Will> - There are a number of dereferences of vftabl function
    Will> pointers in src/lib/kdb/kdb5.c that should check for NULL
    Will> first.  This causes a core dump if kdb5_util create is run
    Will> and the ldap plugin is in use.

This does need to be fixed.  I don't consider it a release blocker as
it is not a security problem but it would be embarrassing to release
this way.

    Will> - As Nico points out in another e-mail, several principal
    Will> attributes (last_success, last_failed, failed_auth_count)
    Will> found in the krb5_db_entry struct are not found in the
    Will> current schema.  Is there a reason they are missing?

I don't consider this a release blocker; I do consider it a bug.

    Will> - How is an existing db2 KDB migrated to a LDAP/Directory
    Will> based KDB?

We do not currently have a solution for this.

    Will> - Is there no concern about interface consistency between
    Will> use of kdb5_util and krb5_ldap_util?  The current situation
    Will> where one must use kdb5_ldap_util to create/initialize a
    Will> directory based KDB seems awkward to me.

We made a decision that this interface inconsistency was acceptable.