Default ACLs for FILE: ccaches on Windows

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 24 18:26:56 EDT 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 12:46, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Sam Hartman wrote:
>>
>> I'm concerned that adding platform-specific code to this function in
>> this regard would set a bad precedent.  We do not encourage the
>> use of
>> the file-based cache on Windows.
>>
>> --Sam
>
> You may not encourage it but it is extensively used in order to
> provide for credential sharing with Java GSS and Cygwin applications.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

How about a support function for "create a file only I have access
to", and use that for file-based ccaches and keytabs, and maybe
replay caches?  Put the file-mode and ACL junk in there.  (Since at
the moment we're only talking about libkrb5 functionality, I'd keep
it in there.)

Ken