Mac SSO defaults question

Russ Allbery eagle at windlord.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 26 13:36:23 EST 2006

Hello folks,

Passing along a question from our desktop team.

Currently, one of the things we do locally with our Mac Kerberos installer
is to enable single sign-on, so that one's Kerberos password is also used
for login to the local system.  Is this something that individual sites
will be expected to continue to do going forward, or is this likely to be
part of KfM in some fashion in the future?  (Or possibly already is?)

Sorry if the question is a bit unclear; I'm passing along questions from
others.  Please let me know if it doesn't make any sense and I'll try to
get clarification.

Technical Lead, ITS Unix Systems and Applications, Stanford University