(Final?) krb5.Conf Lexer/Parser Proposal

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Sun Jan 8 07:49:46 EST 2006

On Jan 7, 2006, at 17:51, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> As far as complexity in the text editor case, I suspect there are
> different levels of complexity which are considered acceptable by
> those who edit config files by hand.  I may be jaded, but compared to
> many Unix/Linux configuration files, this is downright simple in
> comparison --- especially when compared to those applications who
> believe in Turing equivalent config files, like emacs or sawfish.  It
> all depends on what metrics you are using, I suppose.

In Emacs, at least, there's a push towards being able to use the
"customize" interface (lists of settings and their possible values,
type verification of user input, little actual Lisp involved on the
part of the user) for a bunch of option settings that you used to
have to write Lisp to tweak....

Ken