Key derivation when encrypting the sequence number in gss_wrap

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 5 15:26:51 EST 2006

On Jan 5, 2006, at 15:20, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I'm not aware of any RFC (or plan to write an RFC) describing 3DES
> GSSAPI.  There was an internet draft at one point, but I seem to
> recall that draft not actually describing what was done.  I think the
> sequence number may well be the major problem with the draft.

Yes, unfortunately, the handling of encryption types in the GSSAPI
mechanism seems to be unspecified as far as actual RFCs (or standards-
track drafts) go, for 3DES and RC4...

Ken