(Final?) krb5.Conf Lexer/Parser Proposal

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 5 13:02:14 EST 2006

I'll second (or 3rd or 4th) the opinion that the finalizer goes with
supporting chained config files.  Do both or neither.

Like Jeffrey, I disagree with the claim that only Unix uses chained
config files.  On MacOS X you can have stuff in ~/Library/Preferences
as well as [/System]/Library/Preferences.  Mac and PC users are less
likely to be sophisticated enough to use the functionality when it's
supported, but it's still desired/used.

It might be desirable to add support for a "negation" operator so you
could say "use the standard kdc's except for this one".  I recognize
that such an operator would be relatively expensive to implement, so
I won't put it in the same class as the finalizer.