A fork of the profile library code....

Joseph Calzaretta saltine at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 5 12:07:04 EST 2006

At 11:34 AM 1/5/2006, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>Ahh, but tags in [appdefaults] are just that - tags.  They are not
>filenames, and an application shouldn't decide what tag to use (or
>anything else) based on its own filename.
Good point.

>IDN isn't going to make this problem any worse than it already is.
Okay.

>While Ted's parser may not currently handle it, it should be fairly
>easy to treat the [] around a section name as quotes
I thought about that, but if (big if) we want to support arbitrary
characters (maybe not) we'd have to provide an escaping method for
close brackets.  I went for the single method for quoting (i.e.,
encase in double quotes).  But even when you don't use double quotes,
my proposed parser will still strip initial and final whitespace as
you said (e.g., [  realms  ] and [realms] are the same).

>But tag names have no natural quoting, and while not commonly used,
>there is a well-defined class of realm names which must contain at
>least one equal.
Okay, there's the example I needed. Thanks!

--Joe