SASL/GSSAPI bind in LDAP plugin?

greg@enjellic.com greg at enjellic.com
Fri Feb 24 19:58:52 EST 2006

On Feb 23,  9:37pm, Sam Hartman wrote:
} Subject: Re: SASL/GSSAPI bind in LDAP plugin?

>     greg> I find it mystifying that anyone following this thread would conclude
>     greg> this process is simplifying anything.
>
>     greg> Identity (directory) stores and authentication stores are and should
>     greg> be separate data repositories.  Combining the two is a wrong-headed
>     greg> approach, IMHO.

> For most environments I tend to agree with you.
>
> I think that LDAP should be used as an admin protocol but not as a
> database storage protocol.
>
> The world, prompted by Microsoft's design choices, seems to disagree.

Which is indeed tragic.

All of this will go down in history though.

First for underscoring the weakness of Open-Source and secondly as a
collosal blunder by the 'illuminata' who supposedly were championing
open-architectures.

> --Sam

}-- End of excerpt from Sam Hartman

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein, Ph.D.   Enjellic Systems Development, LLC.
4206 N. 19th Ave.           Specializing in information infra-structure
Fargo, ND  58102            development.
PH: 701-281-1686
FAX: 701-281-3949           EMAIL: greg at enjellic.com