Null realms and servers

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 29 02:52:36 EST 2006

    Nicolas> don't think it matters.  My objection to the 1.6
    Nicolas> behaviour is primarily about the process by which
    Nicolas> backwards compatibility issues are dealt with by MIT,
    Nicolas> particularly since I can think of different solutions the
    Nicolas> backwards compatibility of which might be easier to
    Nicolas> ascertain, were there to be some sort of public
    Nicolas> discussion of the matter ahead of the change.

I've stated to you on the phone and to Will on this list that there is
a process problem, that if we decide there is a better solution we can
adopt it, but that there is not a need to do so before 1.6.  The worst
that happens is that we end up supporting the null realm behavior if
we get null realm principals from clients.

--Sam