IPv6 support query

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 13 08:31:07 EST 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 7:39, Vipin Rathor wrote:
> I wanted to know if MIT Kerberos supports IP V6. To my knowledge
> MIT KDC
> supports IP V6 but the kadmin does not support IP V6.

That's correct.  The RPC code on which kadmin is based does not have
IPv6 support at the moment.

> Is my understanding correct and if so are there any plans for
> having kadmin
> support IP V6 ?

We haven't really discussed it much.  There are open questions like
whether we should hack IPv6 support into our current RPC code (and
the data structures exposed to callers), or upgrade to a new RPC
version that might have the support already.

Ken