An alternative plan for principal mapping

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 3 20:33:59 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 13:39 +0530, S Rahul wrote:
> As I said, these are two extensions for enforcing login policy ... not
> for reading user password from the directory.

You miss my point (I described how Novell eDirectory and Samba 3.0
currently do this dance), but is there any documentation on these
extensions, and are these being proposed as standards anywhere?

Samba4 has very similar needs in applying additional access control
steps, and it would save me a lot of work if the standard MIT Kerberos
w/LDAP just happened to ask the questions in a way I can support...

My particular need is for details of both the user and the ticket
addresses they requested (and I suppose, the address the ticket actually
came from).  Microsoft hides a netbios name in there, and we need to
check that.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett