windows x64

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 23 09:53:18 EDT 2006

michael king wrote:
> Hi.  I've read that Windows implements some protocol poorly and thus
> kerberos fails to run in 32 bit emulation mode on Windows x64 [I can
> confirm the crash].  Is there any way to get kerberos running on this
> platform? Thanks! michael

The support for the MSLSA: ccache causes any application that attempts
to access it to crash.  As long as the application does not attempt
to access the MSLSA: the application can use Kerberos safely.
Unfortunately, this also means that single sign-on on 64-bit Windows
versions prior to Vista RC1 will not work with a 32-bit version of MIT
KFW.   I do not know when Vista RC1 will be released.

MIT is working on native 64-bit Kerberos support.

Jeffrey Altman