Doing away with changelogs

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 18 21:07:27 EDT 2006

On Apr 18, 2006, at 7:53 AM, krbdev-request at mit.edu wrote:

> I suspect this need would be fulfilled by just improving our release
> notes so that they list all the bugs fixed and the svn commit lines
> to show what files were impacted by each change.  Associating each
> change with a bug number would in fact be an improvement over the
> Changelogs since you'd know what bug needs to be reopened/referenced
> once you discover which change broken things.

Sounds like you may just be shifting the "inaccessible off-line
repository" problem from svn to rt.  Not clear.

The point is that the ChangeLog file ought to be complete of itself.
If you want to make it more complete by pulling in info from your
bugs database in addition to the change notes themselves then I'm all
for it (but I'm not writing the software to do it).
----
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu