ccache using linux Keyrings

Wachdorf, Daniel R drwachd at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 14 11:47:11 EDT 2006

You really don't want to have GSSD searching the file system to find the right credentials cache for a user.  First, it doesn't have access to the environmental information - so if the credentials are not within the default location it will have to go find them.

Second, this really prevents any multi credential per UID access model.   You would not be able to have multiple Kerberos credentials when doing nfsv4.

I think the hope is that keyring credentials cache will provide a way of allow per thread an per process credentials when using NFSv4.

-dan