Proposed lexer for parsing krb5.conf files

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 22 14:58:03 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 02:42:15PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
> So, while supporting multiple backends is not something I'm opposed
> to, encouraging proliferation of config formats seems like a bad idea.
>
> Apple and debian (using significantly different approaches) have both
> demonstrated that it is fairly easy to maintain krb5.conf in an
> automated manner.

Right, maintaining krb5.conf by generating it from some other repository
is a way to go, as long as nothing else is writing to krb5.conf.

I think that is the way to go, and MIT need do nothing about it, and
might not get buy in from enough vendors to settle on a single solution.

Nico