Proposed lexer for parsing krb5.conf files

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 21 15:07:00 EST 2005

Paul Moore wrote:
> Why not go crazy and drag krb5 kicking and screaming into the 21st
> century and make the config file XML
> You get the parser, editors, validation, low level API, pretty display,
> base syntax rules, base extension capability all for free

At the cost of becoming incompatible with the existing base of
configuration files and tools designed to manage them.

I do not believe that XML is so much easier to deal with that
it makes sense to break backward compatibility.

Jeffrey Altman