Why weak referencing pthread_equal() in k5-thread.h?

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu May 5 16:25:56 EDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 20:01, KAMADA Ken'ichi wrote:
>>> Background:
>>>
>>> MIT krb5-1.4 (and current on Apr 6) doesn't work on NetBSD
>>> (unless the calling program is linked with libpthread).

I'm looking into this, and can't reproduce the problem.  I'm working
with NetBSD 2.0 on an alpha, and looking at our "kinit" and "klist"
binaries, which don't get linked against libpthread; what version are
you using?

If you're using netbsd-current and they've added a stub for
pthread_once to libc, I think that would explain the problem, and I'd
need to know the name of a function in libpthread that they didn't add
a stub for.  I could use pthread_equal, or pthread_join, or ....

And it occurs to me that this could be a compatibility problem with
future versions of an OS, if they add a stub for the routine we're
testing for.  Perhaps I should think about changing the code to test
all of the functions we use, or at least all the ones we indicate are
weak.

Ken