Will the Real get-a-tgt-with-a-password Function Please Stand Up?

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 6 02:41:50 EDT 2005

Rereading, even my "serious" answer is kind of flip.  I owe you a
better one, which relates to my dislike of the complexity that PAM
engenders.  (And it engenders it in precisely the part of the system
that ought to be kept simple for auditing purposes.)  I am to some
extent just being a curmudgeon, but I think there is a point to be
made.

Trying to relate my concerns to actual concrete situations can get
complex too.  As implied, this situation has other issues that trump
the whole PAM vs ordinary library issue.

----
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu