Reuse of GSSAPI Tokens

Jiva DeVoe jiva at devoesquared.com
Thu Jul 21 15:24:30 EDT 2005

I can establish multiple contexts through multiple init/accept
iterations.

It's just if I wanted to do init/accept/accept/accept that I can't do
it.

What I was hoping to accomplish was the ability to use a token by
multiple servers to authenticate a given request.  (All servers would
be using the same service credential).

Given the following scenario, A and B are servers, C is a client
application:

C creates a token using *_init_* and gives it to A to access a resource.
A verifies it's ok by passing it to *_accept_*
A now wants to pass the request from C on to B on behalf of C
(because B has some resource A doesn't have) so A forwards the token
on to B.
B verifies C's token again, and returns with some data.

Is there a "preferred" way to do this?

I imagine the preferred way might be something like:

C and A authenticate each other with A/C tokens
A and B authenticate each other with A/B Tokens
Because B trusts A, he assumes C is OK because A tells him so.