krb5_cc_gen_new

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Tue Jan 4 00:40:55 EST 2005

Nicolas Williams wrote:

> Why not make it a principal name, as in your example (IIRC).

I might have more then one cache for the same principal.
I might want to provide the application name as part of the string.

>>Can anyone please explain what harm is going to occur by providing an
>>optional hint?
>
> We can add hints to many function prototypes just for the purposes of
> debugging...

that is true but the lack of providing a useful tool in the past is
not a reason to do so now.  please show me how this will hurt and I
will take it off my wish list.  I just know that this is something I
would want as an application developer using Kerberos.