OpenSSH support for Kerberos Pass auth

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at spqr.komquats.com
Sun Dec 11 12:02:35 EST 2005

In message <4395C012.6020701 at anl.gov>, "Douglas E. Engert" writes:

> Wachdorf, Daniel R wrote:
>
> > Does anyone happen to know which version of OpenSSH first included
> > Kerberos authentication of user passwords (KerberosAuthentication and
> > KerberosOrLocalPassword options)?
>
> http://www.openssh.org/history.html  might help.
>
> I see in the predecessor to OpenSSH, ssh-1.2.27  krb5 support, and
> "KerberosOrLocalPasswd". So it looks like most OpenSSH verisons should
> have had the support.

Prior to that a person could get patches. The FreeBSD port conditionally
included the patches at build time.

Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>
Web:  http://www.komquats.com and http://www.bcbodybuilder.com
FreeBSD UNIX:  <cy at FreeBSD.org>   Web:  http://www.FreeBSD.org
BC Government:  <Cy.Schubert at gov.bc.ca>

    "Lift long enough and I believe arrogance is replaced by
    humility and fear by courage and selfishness by generosity
    and rudeness by compassion and caring."
        -- Dave Draper