Implementaion of KCM funtionality for MIT Kerberos

Rajasekaran Nagarajan rnagarajan at novell.com
Sun Dec 4 23:44:45 EST 2005

Jeff is right. And, i don't think keyring has the support for binary
secrets.

Thanx...
Regards - Raj

>>> Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz at cmu.edu> 12/02/05 8:41 am >>>

On Sunday, November 20, 2005 02:50:42 PM - 0500 Sam Hartman
<hartmans at mit.edu> wrote:

> One problem with the kcm approach is that I'm not sure it will work
> well with the linux keyring cache type that umich has been planning
> donate.
>

> I'm not sure how well keyring access would work for a process trying
> to renew credentials that is not running as part of the session
> involved.

I don't think that's actually a problem.
As I understand it, credentials managed by KCM are kept one of multiple

private caches owned by the system- wide daemon, and accessed via a
ccache
backend which communications with the daemon via some suitable IPC
mechanism (socket, door, etc).

--  Jeff