Change in behavior for krb5_get_credentials()

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 26 18:40:19 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 18:17 -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 26, 2005 05:57:28 PM -0400 Sam Hartman <hartmans at mit.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > 1)  Jeff's change.
> >
> > 2) Free the credentials on store error and return failure.  Add a flag
> >    saying that we are prepared to accept credentials on error and use
> > that in GSSAPI.
> >
> > 3) Jeff's change plus an flag saying you want store errors.  Clearly
> >    document whether you get credentials on store errors. (I vote no)
>

> I vote for option (1).

While Samba is unlikely to run against the mslsa krb5 ccache any time
soon, I think (1) sounds sane, otherwise (3).  In the (3) case, I don't
mind the idea that the function NULLs out the credentials at the start,
and the app can check that for something to free, but whatever happens,
document it...

Andrew Bartlett