Support for 32 bit version numbers in keytabs

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Thu Apr 21 16:37:02 EDT 2005

Seema:

The krbdev discussion stalled when we discovered that this would be an
problem for existing Java implementations.  I think the first step is
to make sure that the Java implementation uses the record length field.
This would have to be available for some period of time before we could
consider breaking existing applications with an incompatible change.

However, I do believe that if we were to go ahead with this that the
32-bit kvno at the end of the record would supercede the value stored
in the 8-bit kvno slot.

Jeffrey Altman