krb5 and krb524 without krb4-compat

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 15 19:45:37 EDT 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 19:25, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Is it possible for us to maintain just enough krb4 support to allow
> the processing of these special krb524 requests without providing a
> public krb4 API?

On the client (library) side, I don't think it's a problem.  It's in
the krb5 library, which wouldn't be dependent on the krb4 library, so
if we just don't build the latter, I think we'd still be okay.

The krb524d server calls into the krb4 library for creating krb4
tickets and converting lifetime values.  If we cripple that
functionality and just create the magic krb5-based AFS tokens by other
means, yeah, we could probably build the server too.

Ken