KDC: upgrade to 3DES

Shivakeshav Santi ss488 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 7 08:38:07 EDT 2005

Jeff,

   Following are the answeres for the Qs:
1)did you rekey your principal (aka change your password?)
   yes. Following is the output of getprinc :

   Key: vno 2, Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1, no salt
   Key: vno 2, DES cbc mode with CRC-32, no salt
   Key: vno 2, DES cbc mode with CRC-32, Version 4

2)is your client restricting the requested enctypes in the krb5.conf file?
  it does allow des3-hmac-sha1 . Corresponding lines from krb5.conf :
      default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc
      default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc

3)does the client you are using support 3DES?

  yes,I am using MIT kinit from krb51.3.4 .

Thanks for your help