Kerberos & GSS-API native support on Solaris

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Mon Apr 4 17:48:30 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 02:44:25PM -0700, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> I've heard that the previous Sun Kerberos stuff was based off of MIT
> 1.2.1.

SEAM 1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 (Solaris 2.6, 8 and 9) were based on MIT krb5
1.1 code + Sun-specific code.

> Did you guys re-import a later version for you Solaris 10 work?  (If
> so, which version?)

Solaris 10's implementation of Kerberos V is vased on MIT krb5 1.2.x +
patches and features from 1.3.x.

> I've got to say I'm impressed with the Kerberos improvements in Solaris
> 10.  You didn't just update the encryption types, but you got it all
> much better integrated with the rest of the system it appears.

Thanks (I'll pass your compliments on).  Indeed, for example, the
Solaris implementation of Kerberos V is integrated with the Solaris
cryptographic framework.

Nico