krb5_string_to_deltat

Kevin Coffman kwc at citi.umich.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:35:45 EDT 2004

Alexandra Ellwood wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2004, at 2:18 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
>
> > To my knowledge our code does not support a ticket_lifetime relation
> > in krb5.conf.
>
> Correct, no released versions of MIT's code support the ticket_lifetime
> relation.
>
> However, cvs-current sources have supported it for about a month now.
> The new code expects the lifetime string to be in the same format used
> by the "renew_lifetime" relation -- which has existed since krb5-1.1.
> Note that this is also the same lifetime format as kinit's -l option
> uses.

Forgive me for it has been over a month since my last "cvs up"

Unfortunately, as noted in:

  http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-January/004290.html

there are a lot of krb5.conf files floating around which this will
break.  Would a patch that assumed an "s" for values with no letter
suffix be considered?