capaths questions

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon May 17 16:10:25 EDT 2004

I went looking for the orignal changes that matched our paper from 1995,
where after the realm walking path was constructed, we would look for a
shortcut, and replace some of the realms.

The original code changes where to krb5 beta 4 I think:
  ftp://achilles.ctd.anl.gov/pub/kerberos.v5/old/k5.cdiff.940510

The last update of this method was to beta 4.3
  ftp://achilles.ctd.anl.gov/pub/kerberos.v5/old/k543.cdiff.950509

In beta 5, the krb5.conf file was used, and we went with
explicitly define the whole path and be done with it. No attempt
to do recursion, or anything fancy:
  ftp://achilles.ctd.anl.gov/pub/kerberos.v5/old/k55.cdiff.951031

It looks like MIT included the code in beta 6.

 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439
 (630) 252-5444