Proposal to export gssapi context

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 24 15:14:08 EST 2004

    Nicolas> On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:55:29PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
    Sam> From a style standpoint, I really don't like to see unions being used
    Sam> above the level of bit twiddling with device registers.  If others on
    Sam> the team disagree I don't mind being outvoted on this (or other) style
    Sam> points.

    Nicolas> CHOICEs are discriminated unions.

Only in the world where sequences are structs.

Once Tom gets done yelling at you about that, I'll answer any choice-specific questions;)

Seriously my problem is with the implementation of union in C not with
the concept.  I agree that for the Pascal version of this call, a
tagged varient record is appropriate.

Unions are more compact by introducing the possibility of interpreting
one data type as another without intending to do so.  Some times--for
device registers and other low-level things this is what you want.  I
don't think it is here.

--Sam