MIT Kerberos for Windows 2.6 is released
tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 23 16:15:38 EST 2004
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The MIT Kerberos Team is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of MIT Kerberos for Windows 2.6.
Please consult the Release Notes file included in the distribution
package for further details on changes.
The distribution packages and Release Notes are available from the
download link on the MIT Kerberos distribution page,
The main MIT Kerberos web page is
What's New in Kerberos for Windows 2.6:
* Leash has been turned into a System Tray application
* Leash implements IP address change detection which is used in
conjunction with KDC Probing to determine when ticket getting
dialogs should be displayed to the end user
* Leash API functions no longer display dialogs to the end user on
* Kerberos 5 Credential Cache Name changes are now functional
* aklog support for Kerberos 5 credentials has been added [-5 switch]
* krb5_cc api support for accessing the Microsoft Kerberos LSA cache
in read-only mode. Use a ccache name of "MSLSA:".
* Kerberos 5 library updated to release 1.3.2
* KClient and GSSAPI libraries will now automatically display the
Leash Obtain Ticket Getting Tickets dialog box when a request for
service tickets is made and no TGTs exist. This can be disabled by
defining the environment variable KERBEROSLOGIN_NEVER_PROMPT.
* The Leash online help functionality has been updated. The HtmlHelp
engine is now used instead of WinHelp. All content has been
* A new installer based on the open source NullSoft Installation
System is provided. Source is provided as part of the SDK to allow
* A new GSS Sample Application client has been added to the
distribution which is compatible with the Unix gss-server sample
* Improvements to the Winsock Helper Library (WSHELP32.DLL) to avoid
several problems related to initializing the list of DNS servers.
Whenever possible the operating system versions of resolver
functions are used instead of the internal versions.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (SunOS)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
kerberos-announce mailing list
kerberos-announce at mit.edu
More information about the krbdev