deprecated/private functions

Zachary Miller zmiller at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:20:44 EST 2004

hi all,

previously in our application we were linking against kerberos 1.2.5.
i wanted to move us to 1.3.1 but have run into a couple problems.

there are three functions in particular that we were using that are
causing the trouble.  they appear to have been deprecated and/or made
private sometime between the two versions.  the functions are:
  krb5_encrypt_data
  krb5_decrypt_data
  krb5_get_in_tkt_with_keytab

from the information i gathered, it seems that i should replace these functions
with:
  krb5_c_encrypt
  krb5_c_decrypt
  krb5_get_init_creds_keytab

can anyone confirm that these are in fact the correct functions in the API
to replace the older ones?  is there documentation (other than krb5.h) that
explains this anywhere?

many thanks!

cheers,
-zach