API - krb5_appdefault_*

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 25 16:10:59 EDT 2004

Christian Pfaffel <flash at itp.tu-graz.ac.at> writes:
> I have a question regarding krb5_appdefault_string() and
> krb5_appdefault_boolean() in libkrb5.
>
> Are those 2 functions intended to be use by external applications or
> are they just for internal use. According to
> 'krb5-1.3.4/lib/krb5/krb/ChangeLog' both of them are public but
> documentation for them is missing in 'krb5-1.3.4/doc/api/library.tex'.

The printable documentation on our API is sadly out of date.  (Want to
help us update it?)

The functions listed in krb5.h and not marked there as private or
deprecated should be considered available for use.  You might want to
stay away from the KRB5_OLD_CRYPTO functions too; I don't recall
offhand whether we were intended to phase those out or not, but I
think that was the intent years ago when the newer crypto interfaces
were added.

Ken