Linux device number bug report

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Thu Jan 15 02:18:28 EST 2004

The appropriate location to discuss this is on krbdev at mit.edu.
krbcore at mit.edu is for private communication with the core development
team and kerberos at mit.edu is for discussion of end user issues.

The current release of Krb5 is 1.3.1 with 1.3.2 currently in beta. As it
turns out there have been no changes to the pty code in many years.

Can you describe how the pty code should be changed to adhere to the
device number extensions?

Can you provide details on how we should test for the existence of the
device number extensions when building Kerberos on a given platform?

Jeffrey Altman