Porting Heimdal's libkafs to MIT Kerberos

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 9 17:50:02 EST 2004

Sam Hartman <hartmans at MIT.EDU> writes:

>     Ken> Well, I can only say that a recent thread on one of the
>     Ken> openafs mailing lists indicated to me that plenty of MIT
>     Ken> customers care about AFS support.
>
> Wouldn't know; I tend not to read OpenAFS lists.  I'd recommend that
> people who want to give us feedback give it to us rather than posting
> on lists we don't follow.

IMHO, including a port of libkafs would be a Good Thing(tm).  It does
NOT add a dependency on AFS libraries, and it would be good mojo for
users of MIT Kerberos who also use AFS.

> Do you believe that libkafs will be harder than AC_CHECK_LIB, CPPFLAGS
> and LDFLAGS?  If so, then yes it needs a better solution than
> AC_CHECK_LIBS

I don't know -- I've never used libkafs.

-derek