Summary of standard Kerberos service names

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Sat Feb 28 19:23:32 EST 2004

Henry B. Hotz" <hotz at jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
> First of all AFAICT the *only* service name that requires translation
> between K4 and K5 is rcmd/host.  True?   ...

Speaking of such things, are there any official plans to move
said nasty compiled-in table out of conv_princ.c and into the
config file?  I did it here a while ago:

[realms]
        IASTATE.EDU = {
                v4_principal_convert = {
                        rcmd = host
                        ppt = ppt
                        dqs = dqs
                }
                v5_principal_convert = {
                        host = rcmd
                        ppt = ppt
                        dqs = dqs
                }

        }

but, I'm not sure my patch is general enough
(esp w.r.t. DO_REALM_CONVERSION), and requiring
both directions is icky, but it made the patch
a lot simpler.

Or, are we just wishing V4 goes away... :)

John