password change protocol implementation

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 13 17:02:23 EST 2004

    >> You want the real address in the auth_context at least on the
    >> server side.

    Ken> How come?  I mean, I'm trying to understand this, but I guess
    Ken> I'm just missing something.

I want the API to become easier to use over time, not harder.  As
such, I want the default behavior when we support directional
addresses to be that the receiver of a message will accept either
directional or non-directional addresses and the sender can easily
select address type.

I believe that your proposed implementation increases the complexity
of using the API and makes it likely that applications will
accidentally only support directional addresses and have other failure
modes.

--Sam