Kerberos Feature Request

Frank Balluffi frank.balluffi at db.com
Wed Feb 11 13:02:50 EST 2004

Daniel,

Regarding passing authorization data in an AS-REQ, the Microsoft KDC
allows a client to specify whether to put PAC data in a ticket or not (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnkerb/html/MSDN_PAC.asp).
I am not convinced it is a good idea for a client to specify its
authorization data. Might such a mechanism allow a user to increase its
privileges?

Frank

Daniel Kouril <kouril at ics.muni.cz>
Sent by: krbdev-bounces at mit.edu