building krb5 1.3.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 10 12:12:58 EST 2004

Red Hat Enterprise does not come with various -devel libraries that a
lot of people are needign to get work done. The usual fix is to do one
of the following:

1) Recompile the various .src.rpm to get a -devel (tcltk in this case).
2) Get the RPMS from a secondary source like whitebox
http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/. I have been working on some myself but
sharing them means having to go through a lot of paperwork that is
rather daunting.
3) Switch distros.

In any of the cases, you should write a letter to Red Hat Sales
complaining about the problem and why you had to do what you did.
Hopefully with enough letters or lost sales, Red Hat will at least offer
the -devel packages in an unsupported up2date channel.